MOFCOM Scholarship in China 2024. For overseas students, the MOFCOM Scholarship offers complete funding. These fellowships are offered for doctoral and master’s degrees. The annual value of MOFCOM Scholarships for International Students is 36,000 RMB for master’s degree holders and 42,000 RMB for doctoral degree holders.
The Academic Education Programs, which began in 2008 and are sponsored by the People’s Republic of China Ministry of Commerce, are intended to develop highly skilled business officials and managerial staff from the recipient countries. They provide one-year or two-year master’s programs in addition to three-year doctoral programs.
MOFCOM Scholarship in China 2024
Name of the scholarship: MOFCOM
Eligible countries: All countries
Academic level: Bachelor and masters
Deadline: April 30, 2024
- The candidates must be young, healthy non- Chinese nationals from developing nations who were born after September 1, 1976, and are under 45 years old.
- Must possess three or more years of work experience in addition to a bachelor’s degree or above.
- The preference will go to applicants who are still employed and have a professional learning or working background relevant to the program.
- Must be working as senior managers of diverse organizations and businesses, academic leaders of universities and scientific research institutions, or public officials in the home country’s government at the department level or above (or equivalent levels).
- All applicants need to be in good mental and physical health. It is necessary to have a medical report or health certificate from a nearby public hospital. The applicants should not suffer from any conditions that would prevent them from entering or remaining in China for an extended period of time under China’s Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations. These conditions include severe hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and other chronic illnesses, as well as mental health issues or infectious diseases that could pose a serious threat to public health. Candidates who have serious disabilities, are recovering from a major operation, or have just started an acute illness won’t be accepted.
- The candidates must speak and write English fluently and use it for specialized course work. (Reference Standard: new TOEFL 80 or above, or IELTS 6.0 or above in overall band score.)In China, women cannot take part in training when they are pregnant. The applicant will be dismissed from the institution if she gets pregnant while studying in China.
- You cannot apply if you have already studied in China or if you have been accepted into another Chinese government scholarship program.
- Candidates should have the ability to advance their careers in this sector and have the goal of fostering amicable relations and collaboration between China and their home nation.
Advantages of the scholarship
- Exemption from tuition fees, teaching materials fees, research and investigation fees, English teaching subsidies, and graduation thesis guidance fees.
- Free access to on-campus accommodation.
- Living subsidy: 36000 RMB/Year. for each master’s degree student; 42000 RMB/Year. for each doctoral degree student.
- Settlement allowance: 3000 RMB/person.
- Comprehensive medical insurance in China.
- Free round-trip international air ticket: 1 time for students studying for one year; for those studying for two years or more, 1 time of free round-trip international air ticket plus n-1(n for the number of schooling years) time(s) of round-trip air ticket for returning home to visit relatives.
- All degree students are required to participate in the annual review, and those who pass the academic performance assessment can continue to enjoy the full scholarship in the second year.
- Other expenses are managed by the Ministry of Commerce or the school, and won’t be distributed to the students. The Ministry of Commerce only provides funding for students within the academic system. The student whose graduation is postponed will not continue to receive funding.