Work in Norway Job Seeker Visa 2024 ( Apply Now) . Job Seeker Visa is commonly popular in European countries. In today’s post, we will talk about the Norway Job Seeker Visa, its eligibility, requirements, and the process to apply for the Norway Job Seeker Visa. A job seeker visa is a temporary visa that allows a foreign national to enter a country and search for employment. European countries such as Sweden, Germany, Portugal, and Austria have Job seeker Visa for non-EU nationals.
The Norway Job Seeker Visa comes under one type of Norway work visa. You will get a residence permit for Job seekers. In Norway, a Work Visa is generally known as a Residence permit for work. To get more information on Norway’s work visa and its types please read our post on the Norway Work Visa Process. The details about the Job Seeker Visa for Norway are given below.
About Norway Residence Permit for Job Seekers
This Blog Includes:
Generally, you must receive a Job offer from Norway to start working. But in some cases, you can get a residence permit to stay in Norway while you look for work.
Citizens of EU/EEA countries do not need a job seeker permit for Norway. As a member of the European Economic Area (EEA), they have the right to live and work in Norway without a special permit. They only need to register with the police within three months of arrival in Norway.
For citizens of non-EU/EEA Countries, the following rules apply which are given below.
Are you a Skilled Job Seeker with a Free Visa Citizenship?
If you are a skilled worker and you are a citizen of a country that does not need a visa to visit Norway. They are eligible for the Norway Job seeker Visa. This applies to citizens of all EU/EEA Countries and non-EU countries.
- Check Visa-Free Countries to Norway: Visit Here
- A skilled Worker has completed a University degree or vocational training. Read about qualified as a skilled worker.
Have You Completed Your Degree or recently Graduated in Norway or a Researcher?
If you have completed your education in Norway such as a University undergraduate degree, master’s degree, or vocational degree program then you can apply for the residence permit to look for work.
This will extend your stay to search for employment opportunities, even without a job offer.
Requirements for those who completed education in Norway
- You must pay an application fee.
- You must be a job seeker and look for employment as a skilled worker in Norway. The work cannot be as a religious leader/teacher.
- You must fulfill one of these requirements:
- You must have a residence permit as a student and apply for a residence permit as a job seeker before your permit expires.
- You should apply at least one month before your permit expires.
- You must have completed your degree/education in Norway.
- You must have a residence permit as a researcher with your funds and apply before this permit expires.
- You must have a residence permit as a skilled worker with an employer in Norway to be a researcher at a university, university college, or research institute. You must apply before this permit expires.
- You must have enough money to live on during the period you intend to stay in Norway.
- You must have at least NOK 24,713 per month, i.e. NOK 2,96,550 per year.
Duration of a Norway Job Seeker Visa
You can be granted a residence permit for a maximum of one year.
How much is a job seeker visa for Norway?
The Application fee is NOK 6,300 (approximately USD 690). Please always see the updated prices on the official website: https://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/fees/
According to the official UDI website, it takes up to 6 months to process Norway Job Seeker Visa applications if u have filed through VFS or the embassy.
- Please Check the Processing time: Here
How to Apply for the Norway Job Seeker Visa?
The application process is different for each country. To find out the process follow the steps below.
- Visit this link: https://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/work-immigration/job-seekers/
- Select your country of citizenship first.
- It will open a page that contains all the information, requirements, the eligibility criteria as well as the application link to submit the online application.