Vienna Biocenter Summer School in Austria 2024 (Fully Funded). Vienna Biocenter Summer School 2023 is a research-oriented fully-funded summer scholarship in Austria. The 9-week summer research program enables extraordinary and dexterous students to research life sciences under the supervision of the world’s best mentors in one of Europe’s leading research centers. The program provides a dynamic and vibrant scientific environment to talented students who are eager toward research and development-oriented scientific innovations. The VBC Austria aims to gather skillful, clever, masterminds from all around the globe and to bring them to the world’s most exciting scientific labs to give them room for growth and advancement.
Vienna Biocenter Summer School in Austria 2024 (Fully Funded)
The best of this Vienna summer school 2024 is that fellow students are allowed to come to Europe for free and learn the use of the latest technologies and work in the best labs in the world. The Vienna Biocenter is enriched with a diverse range of research projects. The summer student program is designed in a way in which each fellow would be allotted a faculty member with whom the fellow will closely and independently. The Biocenter is known for its highly accomplished faculty. For example, Kim Nasmyth received the Breakthrough Prize in life sciences for his revolutionary work on chromosome segregation. Similarly, Emmanuelle Charpentier and Janifer Duanda received the 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry. The list is long; through this international summer opportunity, promising students will get a chance to learn from such highly influential minds and personalities.
The Vienna Biocenter is an accumulation of Europe’s five leading research centers. This program allows exceptional undergraduate students to start their practical experience at these top research institutions. All these research projects that are being continued in the Biocenter are related to the latest issues regarding molecular biology, neuroscience, immunology, bioinformatics, RNA, stem cells, biochemistry, etc. The participants of this fully-funded summer school take part in all the practical lab work as well as the lab meetings and the journal clubs. The scientists at the lab use all the bottom-up approaches to find the results of the experiments and hence, the participants get enriched with such high models of learning and practicing.
Vienna Biocenter Summer School in Austria 2024:
- Max Birnstiel Foundation supports the Vienna undergraduate research program in Europe.
Summer School Duration:
- 9 weeks research program
Summer School Dates:
- The summer program will start on the last Friday of June and will finish on the last Friday of August or August 31 each year.
No. of Participants:
- 20 Undergraduate Students
Vienna Biocenter Summer School 2024 Benefits:
- The students will be fully accommodated.
- A well-furnished modern room with a shared bathroom and kitchen will be provided.
- Each participant will be awarded a nine-week stipend of 1400 Euros.
- Each student will be given a free travel pass for the scholarship period.
- Medical insurance will be fully covered.
- All the travel costs to and from Vienna will be reimbursed.
- Students will enjoy an opening dinner, visits to places in Vienna trips to Heurigen, and final summer school celebrations along with the regular Friday Evening Social Hours.